Thursday, October 6, 2005

A New Bible

I went to log on to post a new blog and the site is down for "scheduled maintenance". I can't imagine the meeting where the decision was made to schedule maintenance during prime time on a weeknight. So here I am using TextEdit, which is probably good because it has already corrected my spelnig almost every time.

This week I bought Caleb his first "real" Bible, a little NIV backpack Bible. It was exciting going over to the bookstore on campus an picking out a Bible for him to start learning to use and memorize from for AWANA. I got home and told him I had a really good surprise for him and he immediately gave me a great big "THANKS!" before he even knew what the surprise was. When I finally pulled it out for him, he seemed less than impressed due to the lack of pictures. We read a couple of passages that he had previously memorized and he was able to see that this is where his memory verses came from. I know that as he uses it he will become more excited about having it, and more importantly, as he grows up he will use it to study God's word.

Well, the Blogger site is back up so I better get my copying and pasting done while I can. But for now, here's a word for today...

A word for Today
λόγος - Logos - communication whereby the mind finds expression, word; the independent personified expression of God (BDAG). We see God personified in John 1:1 as the Word. This scripture refers to the eternal Christ Jesus who was from the beginning. He is God and is the Word through whom all things were created.

No comments: