Thursday, December 22, 2005

I'm Ready for Christmas

I just e-mailed my final projects to Dr. Wallace for TC class. This was finals week and I had a lot to do going into the beginning of the week. It began with studying for a Hebrew final, which I took on Tuesday morning. The final went well but I still had a lot of projects to finish for Dr. Wallace's class. The workload in there was enormous: 2 papers on textual problems, a paper on my method and view of textual criticism, a collation of an ancient Luke manuscript, an internet assignment in which I was in contact with libraries in New York and Germany, and about 1500 pages of reading to top it off.

Now I get a short break from class and work. I get the week after Christmas off work so I'll be off for a week and then I'm taking a winter session class. My winter class is only a week long and is for about 6-7 hours a day. I'm taking Old Testament History II and Poetry where we'll be covering 1 & 2 Samuel, 1 & 2 Kings, 1 & 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon. I'm going to try to do some of the reading in the Septuagint for a little extra practice on my Greek reading. The bad part about these short classes is that they seem too fast to cover so much, the good part is that after only a week I'll have another 2 credits down. Speaking of credits, I'm now half way through the 120 hour ThM program.

Tomorrow is casual day and only half a day of work. After that we're off to Mamaw & Papaw's for Christmas Eve. Christmas Day we go to to Mimi & Pop's for a few days. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and getting some much needed rest.

A Word for Today
Septuagint- also referred to as the LXX. This is the Greek translation of the Old Testament. It was translated into Greek around 250 - 100 B.C. The LXX was important to Jews before the time of Christ and eventually was the first scripture of early Christianity.

No comments: