Friday, June 27, 2008

No Place Like Home



I'm finally home and getting over the extremely long trip. We began our journey around 6AM on Monday morning (10PM Sunday night at home). Our flight left Athens at 10:30 and 10 hours later we landed in New York for a 5 hour layover before our 7:30PM flight home. As it turned out, our flight got delayed. In fact, it got delayed many times before we actually got to go home. After 5 hours of layover and another 5 hours of flight delay, we finally took off at 12:45AM Tuesday morning (11:45 at home). Our plane landed at DFW around 3AM Tuesday morning and we arrived at the house a little after 4AM Tuesday. I had been traveling and basically awake (I can't sleep on a plane over 10-15 minutes at a time) for about 30 hours straight. After going to bed, I sprung awake at 5:30AM (I was still used to being 8 hours ahead). I went ahead and got up and eventually went to work around 7 where I stayed for a few hours to catch up on emails. Through the afternoon and into the evening I fought off the urge to sleep so that I could get back on schedule. At 9PM I finally crashed and slept solidly for about 10 hours. I'm finally starting to get back to normal with my rest and hope that over the the weekend I will get on a regular schedule. While I really enjoy traveling and seeing the great sights I am lucky enough to get to see, Dorothy was right; there's no place like home.

Oh Yeah... I just realized that my Blogger account still thinks I'm in Greece. I guess I should fix that.

No comments: