I had an interesting meeting with Dr. Wallace last Friday. I had actually planned to meet him in his office to give him some computer help, but when I arrived, he told me that he would be back in a few minutes and wanted to talk about Patmos. When he got back, he told me that he had a letter (in Greek) ready to mail to the monastery on Patmos asking if we could come photograph manuscripts. Last year we tried to make arrangements to travel there but our plans never materialized. This time, it is looking a lot more promising. We hope to hear something back in a month or so, and until then, I'm eagerly awaiting any news.Tomorrow night I begin teaching in the Center for Biblical Studies on the DTS campus. I'm a little nervous but I'm also comfortable with the material so everything should go fine. I will be teaching computer Bible study tools so it's a topic that I know, and I'm excited to be teaching a class where the students will walk away with some tools to help them better study the Bible.
Today was the AWANA pine car derby at Lake Ridge Bible Church. This year Caleb and I made a shark car. The competition this year was fierce, including some great race car designs: a wedge of cheese with mice on it, a Domino's delivery car, Barbie in a bubble bath (tastefully done), and the fastest flip-flop I've ever seen. We didn't win this year but still had fun and Caleb cheered for his friend who won second place. Maybe next year we'll be making 2 cars, one for Caleb and one for Jacob.
A Word for Today
Patmos - a small Greek island in the Aegean Sea off the coast of Turkey. It is the home of the Monastery of Evangelist and Apostle John the Theologian and is the location where the Apostle John wrote the book of Revelation.

No comments:
Post a Comment