Wednesday, February 15, 2006

One Year Older and None the Wiser

Last week was a bear to get through. First of all, I taught my first CBS class on Monday night. My first preaching outline presentation and Hebrew test were Wednesday, and to top it off I had a paper due Thursday morning. By Friday I was beat. Thankfully, this week has been a little easier. I have completed 2 of the 5 class sessions in my CBS class. It's going well. I have 7 students of different ages and computer skills. The most difficult part is pacing the class so that I don't go too fast for some and too slow for others. I'll probably find the right pace by the last night. I'm considering teaching the class again in the fall, but I haven't fully decided yet.

A week from Friday I'm scheduled to have my wisdom teeth taken out. I'm not really worried about the procedure but I can't help but think about Samson and how he lost his power when his hair was shaved off. I just hope there's no significance in the name of the particular teeth I'll be losing.

Tomorrow I will instantly become 1 year older. I don't understand why some people dread their birthdays. I for one welcome another year and thank the Lord for giving it to me.

No comments: