He wrote: The 'Anthony Coin' dollar and the Jefferson '2' dollar bill are both considered failures but their worth is not nil- So both are bound by destiny to become collectors' items worth more than stated value oh! for a million like 'em.The very next card I opened contained of all things a $50 savings bond. To say the least it was a pleasant surprise. Its kind of funny to think that I have graduation money left after 20 years. I guess being a pack-rat finally payed off.
Monday, April 2, 2007
A Trip Back in Time
This weekend, I took the boys to my parents house for a visit. We had a great time visiting and playing outside between threats of rain. Dad recently found some boxes full of my childhood memories so I got the chance to reminisce. There were some of my toys and keepsakes like a Rubick's Cube that was a promotional item from McDonald's in the early 1980s, a Merlin, my old slot cars, and a TI Little Professor. I also ran across a stack of graduation cards from when I graduated from high school. It was kind of neat looking through the cards. Some were from family and friends that have passed away in the last 20 years, and others were form people who I haven't seen in much longer than that. One card in particular contained 2 $2 bills and a Susan B. Anthony dollar. With it was a note from an older pastor who I always respected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment